The Asia Cup is an event when the best Asian teams compete in ODI and T20 matches. After the World Cups and Champions trophy, this is the largest international cricket competition.
Read more: Where to watch Asia Cup 2022 live scores
In the Asia Cup competition, Sanath Jayasuriya of Sri Lanka has been the best batsman. The Sri Lankan all-arounder debuted in the 1990 Asia Cup and competed till the 2008 competition.
Statistics – Asia Cup
Read more: Asia Cup 2022 schedule and players list/
Some key trivia
- Jayasuriya amassed 1220 runs in the 25 Asia Cup games he participated in for Sri Lanka, the most of any batsman in the competition.
- The most runs ever scored by a batsman in a single tournament edition were totaled by him in 2008, when he made his final participation.
- The highest individual score played in an innings in Asia Cup history is 183, which Virat Kohli achieved against Pakistan in 2012.
- Jayasuriya also tops the list of batters in the Asia Cup with the most hundreds, at six.
- Kumar Sangakkara, the other left-handed batsman from Sri Lanka, has amassed 12 50+ scores, which is the most in the competition.
- Babar Hayat of Hong Kong, who hit 122 against Oman in the 2016 Asia Cup Qualifying group match, holds the only three-digit score in T20s.
Most 50s in Asia Cup FAQs
- Who is the leading run-scorer across all editions of the Asia Cup?
- Who scored the highest individual score in an Asia Cup innings.
Virat Kohli holds this record for his knock of 183 against Pakistan in the 2012 edition.
- Who has scored the only century in the t20 format of the Asia Cup?
Babar Hayat of Hong Kong.