There aren’t many greater things in cricket than seeing elegant batters execute flawless strokes all across the field. Think of Sachin Tendulkar playing practically everything in the coaching handbook, or of Michael Vaughan playing cover drives and Brian Lara pulling smashes. It would be difficult to find batters in the current game who are more attractive than Mahela Jayawardene and Kumar Sangakkara. But there are still some promising young players who can do lots of things in today’s cricket.
Be it an ODI match or the T20I format, the batsmen have always entertained with some beautiful partnerships. Similarly, The Asia Cup has also seen some great partnerships among the batsmen. Here in this article, we will tell you about the highest partnership in Asia Cup.
Read More: Highest runs in Asia Cup history
Highest partnership in Asia Cup
Mohammad Hafeez and Nasir Jamshed had the highest partnership in the Asia Cup, scoring 224 runs for the first wicket. Shoaib Malik and Younis Khan have the second-highest partnership, with 223 runs.
Top 15 highest partnerships in Asia Cup
- Naser Jamshed and Mohammad Hafeez (Pakistan) scored 224 runs in 215 balls vs India in the 2012 Asia Cup.
- Younis Khan and Shoiab Malik (Pakistan) scored 223 runs in 201 balls vs Hong Kong in the 2004 Aisa Cup.
- Virat Kohli and Ajinkya Rahane (India) scored 213 runs in 197 balls vs Bangladesh in the 2014 Aisa Cup.
- Shikhar Dhawan and Rohit Sharma (India) scored 210 runs in 201 balls vs Pakistan in the 2018 Asia Cup.
- Ijaz Ahmed and Moin-ul-Atiq (Pakistan) scored 205 runs vs Bangladesh in the 1988 Aisa Cup.
- Virant Kohli and Gautam Gambhir (India) scored 205 runs in 222 balls vs Sri Lanka in the 2012 Asia Cup.
- S Jayasuriya and K Sangakara (Srilanka) scored 201 runs in 169 balls vs Bangladesh in the 2008 Asia Cup.
- Virender Sehwag and Suresh Raina (India) scored 198 runs in 149 balls vs Pakistan in the 2008 Asia Cup.
- S Jayasuriya and A Gunawardene (Sri Lanka) scored 191 runs in 201 balls vs Bangladesh in the 2004 Asia Cup.
- M Azharuddin and Navjot Sidhy (India) scored 175 runs in 195 balls vs Sri Lanka in the 1995 Asia Cup.
- Nizakat Khan and Anshuman Rath (Hong Kong) scored 172 runs in 208 balls vs India in the 2018 Asia Cup.
- Virat Kohli and Rohit Sharma scored (India) 172 runs in 158 balls vs Pakistan in the 2012 Asia Cup.
- S Jayasuriya and M Atapattu scored (Sri Lanka) 171 runs in 156 balls vs Bangladesh in the 1977 Asia Cup.
- Suresh Raina and MS Dhoni scored (India) 166 runs in 123 balls vs Hong Kong in the 2008 Asia Cup.
- Samiullah Shinwari and Asghar Afghan (Afghanistan) scored 164 runs in 138 balls vs Bangladesh in the 2014 Asia Cup.
So these were the lowest to highest 15 highest partnerships in Asia Cup. What do you think about who will break the record of the highest partnership in the Asia Cup?
Read More: Where to watch Asia Cup live scores