In Match 2 of the Asia Cup 2022 in Dubai, Team India defeated arch-rival Pakistan by five wickets because of the all-around excellence of Hardik Pandya and Bhuvneshwar Kumar’s bowling. Pandya led India to victory in a dramatic Indo-Pak match by scoring 33 runs off 17 balls while remaining undefeated after taking three wickets for 25 runs in his four-over performance. Bhuvneshwar, a seam bowler, claimed four wickets for just 26 runs as Pakistan was bowled out for just 147 in 19.5 overs.
Asia Cup 2022 India vs Pakistan highlights
Hardik scored three boundaries and a six in the final two overs of the 148-run chase to help India win with two balls remaining. Pandya continued to go unbeaten at 33 while Virat Kohli and Ravindra Jadeja each played innings of 35 to give India a respectable starting point. In the first innings, Bhuvneshwar Kumar and Hardik Pandya shone with the ball as India bowled out Pakistan for 147. Bhuvneshwar recorded four for 26 while Hardik also came back with three for 25.
Pakistani batters were the focus of the Indian pacers’ short ball attacks. By taking the crucial wicket of Babar Azam, Bhuvneshwar Kumar gave India the ideal start. When Fakhar Zaman was eliminated in the powerplay by Avesh Khan, Rohit Sharma’s team was in a strong position. The Pakistan tail was cleaned up by Bhuvneshwar and Hardik. Before Shahnawaz Dahani and Haris Rauf helped Pakistan reach a decent total, Rizwan had the best score with a superb 43. Prior to this, Dinesh Karthik was preferred over Rishabh Pant for a spot in India’s starting XI.
Here are some records and stats that were made
- Fakhar Zaman’s most recent five T20I innings have seen him score 42 runs at an average of just 8.40, with a high of 12.
- For India’s T20I match against Pakistan, Bhuvneshwar Kumar now has the best bowling stats with 4/26. Hardik Pandya in Mirpur in 2016 had the previous best stat of 3/8.
- The ten wickets in a T20I inning were all taken by Indian pacers for the first time.
- This was Virat Kohli’s 100th international T20 match. He achieved the feat of playing 100 matches in all three formats, becoming the first Indian and second overall, behind Ross Taylor.
- With a strike rate of 112.32 and an average of 13.66 against Pakistan in eight innings, Rohit Sharma has only managed to score 82 runs.
- In India’s match against Pakistan, Hardik Pandya and Ravindra Jadeja shared the best fifth-wicket partnership of 52 runs. The previous best score was 46, achieved in Durban in 2007 by MS Dhoni and Robin Uthappa.
- In T20 international matches, Bhuvneshwar currently holds the record for most wickets taken (9 for India vs Pakistan). He exceeded the six and seven-wicket totals held by Irfan Pathan and Hardik Pandya, respectively.
- In the format, Bhuvneshwar got 4/26, his fourth-best bowling stats. His three best spells are 4/22 against Sri Lanka in 2021, 4/13 this year and 5/24 against South Africa in 2018.
- In 15 of the last 16 T20 International matches in Dubai, the team batting second has prevailed.
- Out of the 10 T20 International matches played, India defeated Pakistan for the eighth time.
- In 53 T20I innings, Rahul registered his second golden duck. His prior one was played in Harare in 2016 against Zimbabwe.
- In the quickest international format, Hardik Pandya also turned in his fourth-best performance of 3/25. His spells against England in 2022 and 2018 of 4/33 and 4/38, respectively, and against Pakistan in 2016 of 3/8 rank among the top three.
- In T20 international matches, Rohit currently leads with 3499 runs scored. Martin Guptill’s 3497-run total was surpassed by him.